Job Location: Kerala
Qualification: Doctor of Philosophy(PhD)
Job Type: Contract
About the Employer
The Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies ( KUFOS ) is an autonomous public funded institution established on 20th November 2010, and governed by the Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies Act, 2010 passed by the Kerala Law ( Legislation 1 ) Department vide Notification No. 19540 / Leg.1 / 2010/Law dated 28 th January 2011. This is the first Fisheries University in India coming under the Fisheries Ministry with its headquarters at Panangad , 12 km. away from Kochi city, along the NH-47. Ernakulam South Railway Station is the nearest Railway Station, 12 km away from the campus. Total land area is 69.10 acres.
College of Fisheries , Panangad, Kochi and the Fisheries Research Station, Puduvype were disaffiliated from Kerala Agricultural University to form KUFOS which started functioning with effect from 1 st April 2011. This is the primary and principal instrumentality of Kerala State in providing human resources, skills and technology required for the sustainable development of Fisheries and Ocean Studies. It acts as a centre of excellence for human resource development in Fisheries and Ocean Studies and the nodal agency to establish relationship with institutions and universities functioning at national and international level. The mission of the University is to serve as a flagship University of higher learning through demonstrated and growing excellence in teaching, research, extension, training, scholarship and creative work in Fisheries and Ocean studies, comparable with global standards that will benefit the country and the world at large.
His Excellency the Governor of Kerala is the Chancellor and the Hon.Minister for Fisheries is the Pro-Chancellor of the University. The supreme authority of the University is the Senate and the chief executive body is the Governing Council. The Vice- Chancellor is the principal executive who is assisted by the Pro-Vice chancellor, Registrar, Finance Officer, Deans of Faculties, Controller of examination, Director of Research, Director of Extension, Directors of Schools and Heads of Departments.
Number of Job Vacancies01
Qualification : Ph.D in Aquaculture/Fisheries/Fish Processing/Fish Harvest Technology/Marine Science and allied disciplines.
Experience : The person should posses 20 years of Research/Teaching experience of which 5 years should be in any administrative positions as Professor/Principal Scientist, The person should have proven track record of quality research, At least ten (10) publications in high impact journals, Work experience in National and International organization of repute is desirable.
Salary : Rs.37400-67000 with AGP Rs. 10000/-
Selection Process : Direct
Application Fee : Rs.3000/- (For General Candidates), Rs.1500 /- (For SC/ST Candidates)
How to Apply for the Job
- Mode of Remittance: By cash at University Cash counter (from 10.00 am to 3.00 pm) or Demand Draft from any Nationalized Bank drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean studies payable at SBI SA Road Branch, Vyttila.
- Interested candidates are requested to apply in the prescribed format with 2 set of application which could be downloaded from the University website (attached hereunder) along with supporting documents (self attested) and proof of remitting registration fee.
- Applications submitted not in the prescribed format and fee without supporting documents will be summarily rejected.
- Applications should reach at the below address on or before 4.30 pm on 28.04.2018.
KERALA UNIVERSITY OF FISHERIES AND OCEAN STUDIES
MADAVANA, KOCHI-682 506
- The University will not be responsible for any postal delay.
For more details, visit website of KUFOS