Job Designation: Assistant Professor
Employer: University of Calicut
Job Location: Kerala
Qualification: Any Post Graduate
Job Type: Contract
About the Employer
The University of Calicut is the largest University in Kerala. Established in the year 1968, it is the second university to be set up in Kerala. The University aims to nurture excellence in education and research in its catchment areas of Northern Kerala, historically consigned to the periphery of Kerala’s academic map. The University lays its emphasis on fostering quality human resource and promoting productive research that benefit both local communities and wider humanity.
The University was created through a Government plan bifurcating Kerala University. As per the plan, the four post-graduate departments of the University of Kerala operating in Calicut were annexed to the new University along with fifty four constituent colleges spread across seven northern districts. With ‘Nirmaya Karmana Sree’ as it motto, the University has been able to surmount all challenges and emerge as the largest residential cum affiliating University in Kerala. With 30 post graduate departments and 480 colleges it has become a beacon of hope and enlightenment for hundreds of thousands of young men and women in North Kerala.
Job DescriptionOnline applications are invited for the School of Distance Education.
Qualification & Experience : The qualification for the said posts wil be as per the UGC norms for Assistant Professors (PG with 55% aggregate in the relevant subject + NET).
Age Criteria : Below 40 years as on 01.01.2017(Upper age limit prescribed will be relaxed in the case of OBC, sc/sr and Physically challenged persons by 3 years, 5 years ind 10 years respectively subject to the relevant provisions of KS&SSR).
Salary : Rs.25,000/- per month (consolidated)
Selection Process : Direct
How to Apply for the Job
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from Universities outside Kerala should produce equivalency certificate obtained from this University at the time of interview.
- Reservation benefit shall be applicable to only those communities which are mentioned in the KS & SSR.
- Candidates should produce Original Certificates to prove age, qualification and Community. (Non-creamy-layer certificate to those belonging to OBC) at the time of interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for the journey to attend the interview.
- Appointments will be made as per communal rotation observing rules in this regard.
- There will not be future claim for appointment by virtue of this appointment.
Last date of receipt of online application : 21.04.2018
For more details, visit website of Calicut University